Springtime brings thoughts of baseball, warm weather, and of course riding a Harley-Davidson motorcycle. What better way to kick off spring than a WAEE meeting and tour at the Harley-Davidson Powertrain Operations facility in Menomonee Falls. Harley-Davidson is committed to reducing their energy cost as part of the culture for producing great motorcycles. You are sure to be impressed and see something new with energy improvements in all areas of the plant from state-of-the-art LED lighting to compressed air to process cooling.
Join the WAEE for our April meeting for another great opportunity to learn and network with fellow energy professionals. A special thanks to Harley-Davidson for being our gracious hosts and sharing their energy-related success stories.
Meeting is TUESDAY APRIL 28
Pre-registration is required by noon Tuesday April 14
Harley-Davidson requires 2-week advance registration for all visitors. Late registrations will not be allowed. There will be NO EXCEPTIONS.
Harley-Davidson Powertrain Operations
W156 N9000 Pilgrim Rd
Menomonee Falls, WI 53051
11:45 Registration and Welcome
12:20 Chapter Business
12:30 Harley-Davidson Powertrain Operations Energy
- Safety at H-D Powertrain Operations
- LED Lighting Upgrades
- Machine Shutdown Procedures
- Compressed Air System and Leak Repairs
- Process Cooling System Upgrades
- Energy Consumption Monitoring
2:30 Plant Tour
board will meet at 11:00. Anyone interested in learning more about our chapter or getting more involved is welcome to attend. The board is comprised of energy industry professionals who volunteer their time to promote education and awareness in the energy industry.
Register at http://waee.wildapricot.org
by noon on Tuesday April 14 if you will be joining us for this meeting. Late registrations will not be accepted.
The meeting is free for Wisconsin Chapter members and their guests. Non-members are encouraged to attend, and can attend one meeting at no charge. Subsequently, non-members will be charged $15.00 to attend.
We encourage all non-member guests to support WAEE by joining as an individual member or corporate sponsor. The majority of dues collected go towards our annual scholarship awards. We awarded scholarships totaling $8,000 at the February 2015 meeting to nine students from throughout the State of Wisconsin. We thank all of our members and sponsors for their continued generosity.
Please note the following guidelines that must be adhered to at all times while in the facility:
- Groups must comply with all safety and security procedures while at the facility.
- A list of tour participants must be provided to Security at least two weeks in advance of the tour.
- Steel-toed shoes, safety glasses and hearing protection are required while in the plant.
- Fully enclosed, low-heeled shoes must be worn in the facility (i.e. no open-toed/back shoes or heels over 1 inch).
- Cell phones must be turned OFF while in the plant.
- No photography or recording devices are allowed in the plant.
- Tour guests must stay within the yellow pedestrian aisles on the plant floor.
- Guests are only allowed in the pedestrian aisles and not in work areas.
- Do not touch any of the parts, scrap bins or machinery while in the plant.
- No children under the age of 12 are allowed in the plant.
- Tour guests must be aware of motor vehicle traffic while on the plant floor and adhere to tour guide directions.
- Smoking is prohibited anywhere on Harley-Davidson property, including inside of vehicles.