Alliant Energy has been moving toward a cleaner energy future by installing cost-effective environmental controls, improving efficiencies and utilizing state-of-the-art technology at our large generating stations. These investments are designed to improve air quality and provide our customers with competitive and reliable power for decades to come.
Please join the WAEE for our August 2016 monthly meeting to learn about the Columbia Power Plant including recent and ongoing scrubber and baghouse improvements.
Columbia Power Plant, W8375 Murray Road, Pardeeville, WI
Free for WAEE members, corporate sponsors, and guests
$15.00 for non-members
12:00 Registration and Lunch
12:20 Chapter Business
12:30 Jerry Lokenvits, Alliant Energy - Plant Overview
The WAEE board will meet at 10:30. Anyone interested in learning more about our chapter or getting more involved is welcome to attend. The board is comprised of energy industry professionals who volunteer their time to promote education and awareness in the energy industry.
DRESS AND SAFETY REQUIREMENTS:
- Pants - jeans are acceptable and preferred.
- Sweaters, sweatshirts, casual clothing
- Steel-toed shoes, if you have them. If not, closed toe shoe is the minimum requirement (no high heels, no open toed)
- No dresses, skirts or shorts
- Hard hats, safety glasses, safety vests, ear plugs are required. PPE, personal protective equipment, will be provided if you do not have.
- If taking a tour, let your tour guide know if you are afraid of heights or claustrophobic
- Recommended that you wear dark clothing. White/light colored clothes may get dirty
- Temperatures can vary so dress accordingly